Monday, November 17, 2014

Ryan Devers feature story



I really enjoyed this package for many reasons. I had seen Ryan Devers doing magic tricks at lunch during my sophomore year, and then when talking to my counselor about story ideas she told me that he also is training to be a third degree black belt in taekwondoe. Ryan was excited to be a character for our story so he had really good answers to our questions for him. Something we did well was we went to his taekwandoe studio to get B-roll. We had plenty of shots of him kicking things over and breaking things so when we had jump cuts or something like that we did not have any troubles finding anything to cover things up. His studio was super welcoming for me and Isabel to come film so it made it easy to get B-roll. We also used the two camera interview while interviewing him preforming magic tricks so we would have a variety of shots. It was hard to find the right kind of shots of him doing magic tricks because in some shots you could see the trick and how he was doing it so that was one of our few problems. But, overall we had a good character and a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment